To qualify for the R&D grant, the project must meet the following criteria:
Full Proposal Perpetration and Submission
Letter of Intent: Not required
Full Proposal: Applicants must submit a full proposal through researcher.ae. The applicant can download the Proposal Template Here and upload it with the funding application. The required information for the proposal will include:
Budgetary Information Funding scheme:
Projects will only be co-funded. A second source of funding must exist when submitting the project proposal.
Anticipated Funding Amount:
The program intends to support a variety of projects in its first phase, with the majority having small budget classifications (AED 200K-500K) or medium classifications (AED 600K-800K). There is limited availability for larger projects (maximum of AED 2 million). Appropriate funding amount will be assessed by expert reviewers. Therefore, proposals should include a comprehensive breakdown of budget. Submissions with reasonable budgetary funding expectations have a greater chance of being selected for grants. The total amount available will be awarded across all sectors in this program, pending availability of funds.
Proposals received by the submission deadline will be reviewed by a panel of external experts, if they meet Sandooq Al Watan’s requirements for review. All proposals will be carefully reviewed by the external review panel, and applicants are invited to suggest names they believe are especially well qualified to review their proposal. The external review panel will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
Post-Review Process On the bases of the external review panel’s evaluation and recommendation, suitable projects will be short-listed for funding. The applicant will be informed of the results and will be asked to attend a formal meeting, as a form of a final evaluation, to discuss the project details or to discuss the external review panel’s comments, if any.
Project Awarding and Reporting Following the confirmation of project’s details with the applicants, Sandooq Al Watan will select the projects to be funded.
For all multi-year projects, the principle investigator or primary applicant must submit quarterly progress reports (some projects might require the submission of more frequent reports). No later than 60 days following the end of the project funding period, the principle investigator must submit a final project report, which includes the project outcomes.
Sandoq Al Watan’s (SAW) Research & Development Grant (R&D) exists to help the people of the United Arab Emirates unleash their fullest potential on behalf of the nation. The following are SAW’s initial terms & conditions and some terms will be negotiated with the respective party upon awarding. Parties that choose to submit proposals to the R&D program must agree to the following terms & conditions:
1. By making a submission to R&D, entrants hereby agree to abide by the following terms and conditions, which also encompass any submission criteria outlined throughout the application process or mentioned on any of SAWs web pages in relation to the R&D program.
2. SAW will not accept responsibility for any submissions that are submitted incorrectly, lost by the submitter, mislaid or delayed. Any submissions made after the submission deadline will not be accepted, unless we express through written correspondence that we have made an exception.
3. Submissions must be the entrant(s) own work and SAW reserves the right, using any available method of its choosing, to check all and any portions of submissions for plagiarism. Any submissions deemed to have been a product of plagiarism, or research misconduct, in whole or in part, shall be disqualified.
4. All submissions will be reviewed, graded and shortlisted by judging panels chosen at SAW’s preference. All decisions made by these panel(s) are final. However, appropriate justification behind decisions may be requested by entrants.
5. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they hold full copyright in their own submissions or have obtained the necessary permissions to submit anything that may be copyrighted. We may also share information, upon approval from the entrants, with other funders, government departments, regulatory agencies, partners and others with a legitimate interest in funding submissions.
6. SAW reserves the right to terminate an approved Grant at any time prior to the end of the Grant term in the event the work performed is in breach of any terms and obligations agreed upon. In the event of termination, no further Grant payments will be made, the Grantee(s) may be required to return any funds that have been advanced or the entire Grant.
8. By registering through SAWs R&D or any program under or in connection with SAW, entrants are agreeing to receive occasional updates from SAW on their entries and other projects under SAW.
9. SAW may, with reasonable time and notice, amend grant amounts and deadlines for upcoming cycles.
10. Entrants must get written permission before making any changes to the project or to its aims, structure, delivery, outcomes, duration or ownership. If these changes are agreed to and approved by SAW, SAW reserves the right to add any additional conditions. They will be set out in a separate legal agreement, where the entrant may not start any new or changed activity until the agreement has been signed by all concerned parties.
11. SAW reserves the right to amend the general terms & conditions posted on the website but will provide all entrants with appropriately timed notice before submission begins.
14. Depending on the awarded project, specific terms & conditions will be communicated and negotiated between the parties involved.
Researcher.ae is a platform that supports UAE researchers by providing them with funding, networking and updatesApply Now