To qualify for the R&D grant, the project must meet the following criteria:
Full Proposal Perpetration and Submission
Letter of Intent: Not required
Full Proposal: Applicants must submit a full proposal through researcher.ae. The applicant can download the Proposal Template Here and upload it with the funding application. The required information for the proposal will include:
Budgetary Information Funding scheme:
Projects will only be co-funded. A second source of funding must exist when submitting the project proposal.
Anticipated Funding Amount:
The programme intends to support a variety of projects in its first phase, with the majority having small budget classifications (AED 200K-500K) or medium classifications (AED 600k – 800k). There is limited availability for larger projects (Maximum of AED 2 million). Expert reviewers will assess the appropriate funding amount.
Proposals received by the submission deadline will be reviewed by a panel of external experts, if they meet Sandooq Al Watan’s requirements for review. All proposals will be carefully reviewed by the external review panel, and applicants are invited to suggest names they believe are especially well qualified to review their proposal. The external review panel will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
Post-Review ProcessOn the bases of the external review panel’s evaluation and recommendation, suitable projects will be short-listed for funding. The applicant will be informed of the results and will be asked to attend a formal meeting, as a form of a final evaluation, to discuss the project details or to discuss the external review panel’s comments, if any.
Project Awarding and ReportingFollowing the confirmation of project’s details with the applicants, Sandooq Al Watan will select the projects to be funded.
For all multi-year projects, the principle investigator or primary applicant must submit quarterly progress reports (some projects might require the submission of more frequent reports). No later than 60 days following the end of the project funding period, the principle investigator must submit a final project report, which includes the project outcomes.
Sandoq Al Watan’s (SAW) Research & Development Grant (R&D) exists to help the people of the United Arab Emirates unleash their fullest potential on behalf of the nation. In order to fulfill this goal, parties that choose to submit proposals to the R&D program must agree to the following terms & conditions:
1. By making a submission to R&D, entrants hereby agree to abide by the following terms and conditions, which also encompass any submission criteria outlined throughout the application process or mentioned on any of SAWs web pages in relation to the R&D program.
2. SAW will not accept responsibility for any submissions that are submitted incorrectly, lost by the submitter, mislaid or delayed. Any submissions made after the submission deadline will not be accepted, unless we express through written correspondence that we have made an exception.
3. Submissions must be the entrant(s) own work and SAW reserves the right, using any available method of its choosing, to check all and any portions of submissions for plagiarism. Any submissions deemed to have been a product of plagiarism, or research misconduct, in whole or in part, shall be disqualified.
4. All submissions will be reviewed, graded and shortlisted by judging panels chosen at SAWs preference. All decisions made by these panel(s) are final. However, appropriate justification behind decisions may be requested by entrants.
5. All entrants grant SAW worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and transferable copyright license to use, reproduce distribute and display all submissions and accompanying materials. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they hold full copyright in their own submissions or have obtained the necessary permissions to submit anything that may be copyrighted. We may also share information with other funders, government departments, regulatory agencies, partners and others with a legitimate interest in funding submissions.
6. SAW reserves the right to terminate an approved Grant at any time prior to the end of the Grant term in the event the work performed is in breach of any other terms and obligations that have been stated herein. In the event of termination, no further Grant payments will be made, the Grantee(s) may be required to return any funds that have been advanced or the entire Grant.
7. SAW reserves the right to capitalize on any potential opportunities in the event that the partner funding institution of the grant recipient fails to do so. Furthermore, as the grant comes from funding set out for a specific purpose, entrants must account to SAW for any profit that they make from the project and SAW reserves the right to require you to pay back all or part of the grant in this case.
8. By registering through SAWs R&D or any program under or in connection with SAW, entrants are agreeing to receive occasional updates from SAW on their entries and other projects under SAW.
9. SAW may, with reasonable time and notice, amend grant amounts and deadlines. In this scenario, SAW will correspond with entrants to work out a feasible solution for the next steps in the process.
10. Entrants must get out written permission before making any changes to the project or to its aims, structure, delivery, outcomes, duration or ownership. If these changes are agreed to and approved by SAW, SAW reserves the right to add any additional conditions. They will be set out in a separate legal agreement, where the entrant may not start any new or changed activity until the agreement has been signed by all concerned parties.
11. SAW reserves the right to amend these general terms and conditions but will provide all entrants with appropriately timed notice.
12. SAW reserves the right to amend specific project and grant terms & conditions. In this case, grant entrants or grant winners will be given written notice of such changes. SAW will ensure to comprehensively work with entrants and winners to take any project specific consideration and find suitable solutions to any potential issues, conflicts or concerns.
13. SAW reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who breaches any of these terms and conditions.
14. Specific terms & conditions will be communicated at a later stage depending on the awarded project.
Researcher.ae is a platform that supports UAE researchers by providing them with funding, networking and updatesApply Now